Task 43: Match the lesson plan extracts with the parts.
a. I’d like to smile more and create a better rapport today – Personal aim
b. Students to Students in pairs – Interaction pattern
c. By the end of the lesson students will be able to use a range of adjectives to describe someone’s personality – Lesson aims/learning outcomes
d. Teacher hands out text and gives a different set of questions to each group – Procedure
e. Some students may find the pronunciation of several words quite difficult. I must make sure I use lots of repetition – Anticipated problems and solutions
f. To get students interested in the topic of listening text – Stage aim
Task 44: What can each of these resources be used for?
- Published course book – developing students’ language and skills in a structured way and allowing them to review at home.
- Cassette or CD player – Developing students’ listening skills with specially prepared or real materials.
- Newspapers in English – Developing students’ abilities to read real texts.
- Internet – Finding information on a particular topic area and developing reading skills.
- Overhead Projector (OHP) – Showing pre-prepared work on a large screen for clarity.
- Whiteboard – Writing down new words for students to focus on, making the form, meaning or pronunciation features of a language area clear.
- TV/Radio – Developing students’ ability to listen to authentic speech.
- Teacher’s own material – Giving students work which can be tailored to their individual needs.
- Dictionaries – Encouraging students to expand their vocabulary and find out about new words on their own.